The mission of the George Washington University Postdoc Association (GWPA) is to enhance the postdoctoral experience at GW by establishing a sense of community among GW postdoctoral researchers, serving their needs and concerns, and providing them with career development training, counseling, and mentorship.
- Promoting interaction between postdoctoral researchers on an academic, social and cultural basis.
- Providing a liaison and facilitating communication between its members, faculty, administrators, and the Office of the Vice President for Research.
- Disseminating university information and any nation wide policy changes relevant to GWPA members.
- Aiding members with career and professional growth through a series of seminars and workshops tailored to the specific needs of postdoctoral researchers.
- Promoting postdoctoral researchers, showcasing their work and increasing the campus visibility of the postdoc population.